2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the pan
3 sprigs of fresh bay leaves
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3 cans black beans (15 ounces)
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground coriander
Salt and pepper
2-3 tablespoons of hot sauce
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 tomatoes, diced
1 9oz package of Purdue Short cuts carved chicken breast, honey roasted
1 pack of turkey sausage, sliced
Sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat a medium size soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add EVOO to hot pot then bay leaves, jalapeño, garlic, celery and onions. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add green peppers and continue to cook.
- Drain 2 cans of beans and add them. With remaining can, pour the juice and half the beans into the pot. Use a fork to mash up the beans remaining in the can. Stir the mashed beans into the pot and season with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and 2-3 tablespoons hot sauce. Add stock, tomatoes, chicken, and sausage to the stoup and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes over low heat.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream.