4 slices bacon
4 tablespoons butter
1 head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 can corned beef
- Cook the bacon in large pot over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon from the pot and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pot with the bacon grease. Add the cabbage, stirring well to coat the cabbage in fat.
- Add about 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover pot with a lid, and cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Remove the lid from the pot, and scatter chunks of corned beef and chopped bacon over top of the cabbage. Cover and cook until desired doneness.