It's Friend Friday! This is part of a blogger group with Modly Chic. If you're a blogger that would like to participate, go to her blog for the details.
1. Do you think fashion blogs are often just conspicuous consumption? Are some?
I do! I think that in order to please their audience a lot of bloggers get sucked into buy buy buying all the time. It's crazy!
2. As bloggers do we have the obligation to explain our personal financial status, how we pay for the things we showcase, if we have debt, etc…
I'mma answer that with a quick hellz no! Whoever reads my blog does not need to know my financial status. It's not like I'm offering financial tips, I'm talking about makeup for goodness sakes!
3. Critics often say that fashion bloggers should use their money to support more worthwhile causes than clothing themselves in a different outfit daily. What’s your reaction to this?
I'm trying to understand how said "critics" even have a say? Do they know whether or not these bloggers are supporting worthwhile causes. Some people can actually do both. Even if a blogger chooses not to support a worthwhile cause, that's their business, no one else's *shrug*.
4. Since you started blogging, do you spend more money on fashion and beauty products?
No, I actually don't. Some times I think I'm failing my readers by not doing so, but my responsibility is to my family first, so I'm not going to excessively buy beauty products to showcase on my blog no matter how much I love bringing my readers new items. Now, because I am a beauty product whore, I do have moments where I buy buy buy,but that's usually once every 2-3 months, and I don't spend over $150. Until that time comes, I just try to be as creative as I can with what I have, or try samples, or products that are sent to me to review.
5. Life is about more than what money can buy. What are the things that top your list of what life is all about?
Life is about love, the cycle of giving it and getting it in return. It's about spending time with your family and friends and appreciating the little things. It's about being honest with yourself and others, and more than anything I believe life is about living up to God's potential for you.
Lora Mega Pro Palette GIVEAWAY !!! - a Rafflecopter giveaway
2 years ago