3 tablespoons olive oil
2 thick New York strip steaks (about 2 pounds total)
4 garlic cloves
1 small onion sliced
1 pound dried fettuccine
1 stick of butter
2 shallots, minced
1.5 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
• Preheat oven to 425
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers. Meanwhile, lay the steaks flat on a cutting board; use a sharp smooth knife to cut them in half horizontally to create 4 steaks of equal size. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Peel and mince the garlic, then slice the onion. Place the steaks, onion and garlic in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until the meat is deeply browned. Discard the garlic and onion. Place all 4 steaks in a baking pan and bake in the oven for10-20 minutes, depending on your desired doneness.
• While the steak is in the oven, Cook the fettuccine in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
• While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat.
• Drain the pasta then return to pot. Add in the sauce and the grated cheese. Mix thoroughly. Top with shredded cheese and steak.
***If you would like vegetables added to this dish, feel free to sauté some spinach in butter and add it to the pasta, sauce and grated cheese mixture.
Lora Mega Pro Palette GIVEAWAY !!! - a Rafflecopter giveaway
2 years ago