•1 12-ounce package wide egg noodles
•1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
•2/3 cup sugar
•2 tablespoons honey
•2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
•4 eggs, beaten
•1/4 cup milk or soy milk
•3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 9 x 11-inch baking dish or comparably-sized casserole.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Cook the noodles just until al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, honey and cinnamon. Stir until the butter is melted and the noodles are coated with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Add the eggs and milk, and stir until well blended. Fold in the raisins.
- Pour the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the kugel is firm and the top is golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.
- Kugel may be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, or frozen, well wrapped in foil, for up to 2 months.