- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup clarified butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 2/3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Stir together the pecans, bread crumbs, and 2 tablespoons of clarified butter. Spread the mixture out on a plate. Press the chicken breasts into the mixture to coat on both sides.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of clarified butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the coated chicken breasts in the pan, and fry on both sides for about 2 minutes each.
- place the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until done.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the Dijon mustard, brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then remove from the burner, and whisk in the 3/4 cup of unsalted butter one piece at a time. Do not return to the heat.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a large serving plate. Pour the sauce over the chicken, and sprinkle with green onion.